Thursday, April 17, 2008

And Just Like That...

Glove Coral from my Saltwater Fish Tank

This came up on another blog I read and I thought it provoked an interesting discussion.

I am interested to know how do you name your pictures. I know for instance some people call a picture depending on the location it was taken at, others with a serial number etc…

I personally tend to do the following:

On the import into Lightroom, it’s gets a descriptive name of the event and a sequence number, and it goes into a descriptive folder name and date subfolder. Then when all the post-processing is done, if there is a real 5-Star photo in the mix, then it gets a title.

For example: Vacations/Disney/6-12-2007/disneyTrip-23.dng and then it might get renamed “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes.dng(or jpg or psd)”

Share your experience and thoughts with me on that !

No comments: