Monday, March 10, 2008

If You Don't Print At Home


Those of you who know me, know that I do a lot of my own in-house prints (I have an HP Photosmart Pro B9180), but I also send out some work to different labs (mostly wedding albums, photo books, etc.), and for those I’ve been using a number of different vendors, but I get emails all the time asking me which lab I recommend.

I've ordered several things from Mpix.com, and have always been pleased with the results. I shot a picture of one of my grandfather's truckline trucks for my brother's Christmas, and ordered a 30″x20″ print in a Sepia Tone. Man, it was the talk of Christmas. I'd have a hard time telling you how stunning they came out!

I noticed this week that Scott Kelby posted that he and his PhotoshopUserTV buddies (Matt Kloskowski and Dave Cross) have all switched to Mpix now, too, and now they’re already becoming metallic print junkies.

To quote Kelby, "Mpix is a pro lab, if you’re an advanced amateur, they will let you use their lab as well." Actually, Mpix is the other side of Miller's Lab - which is one of the biggest professional labs in the US, and Mpix was created to handle the rest of us. ;-)

No comments: